Sunday, January 20, 2013

January, currently...

+ celebrating the completion of another round of progress notes!!!

+ researching the best way to collect data (to make the aforementioned progress notes a little less painful). Any ideas?

+ seeking sample transition goals. I'm working with a much older student population than I was in the past and would love resources on writing transition goals.

+ seriously hoping to win this giveaway (but I'm sharing it with all of you anyway :-))

+ enjoying all of the fun toys featured on this new blog by a pediatric OT that I discovered via Therapy Fun Zone's activity link up.

+ saddened by the death of Aaron Swartz. When are we going to talk openly about depression? We cannot lose another great mind to depression.


  1. Thanks for the shout-out Abby!

    We used to make binders for our school system caseload and print out the relevant IEP pages for each kid. The notes were handwritten on triplicate forms, so you had a copy of the sessions but I never could read mine so I had to find a another way. I made an "objective tracker" sheet for each kid based on the IEP goals with several blocks underneath, then I could just jot in the date and what the measurable was (ie- mod assist shoe tying; NP copy 34 LPM) and it was an easy way to keep it together.

    1. Thanks for the data collection tip! I do something similar, but it still seems to take longer than I would like it to. I think I'm hard to please when it comes to data collection :)


You might also enjoy: