Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ted Talk Tuesday: "The power of introverts"

Last Thursday, on the eve of the big snowstorm, rather than going out and gathering last minute supplies, I went down to my local bookstore for an author event. And I'm so glad that I did. The author was Susan Cain and she was discussing her book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. You may remember that this book is on my reading list and today I'd like to share Susan Cain's Ted Talk, The power of introverts.

A few things to think about as you watch this talk:

  • Where do you think you fall on the introvert/extrovert spectrum?
  • How does this affect how you interact with your children or students?
  • Do you think students should be graded on participation?
  • What can we do to make our schools and workplaces more welcoming to both introverts and extroverts? 
  • What's in your suitcase?



"I wish you the best of all possible journeys and the courage to speak softly." -Susan Cain

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: