Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TED Talk Tuesday: "Your body language shapes who you are"

Remember when I chose to watch more TED Talks? Well, I am actually doing it and I'm bringing you all along for the ride. On Tuesdays, I will choose some of my favorites to share with you, along with some food for thought while you're watching the video.

Today I'm sharing Amy Cuddy's talk, "Your body language shapes who you are." This is a 20 minute talk, so if you don't have time to watch it right now, I highly recommend bookmarking it for later. I promise, you will not be disappointed.

Here are a few things to think about as you watch this talk:

  • What does your body language tell your students/children? Are you telling them, "I'm in power" with your body language? Is that what you want to be telling them?
  • How could you use this information to help your students (or children) who feel that they are not in power (as many children with special needs do feel)?
  • How could you use this information when teaching social skills to students, especially teenagers?



"Don't fake it till you make it. Fake it till you become it." - Amy Cuddy


3 comments:

  1. I'm totally addicted to TED talks. There are several great ones on the brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any that you think I should add to my list of talks to watch, please share!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing! Sending to two people right now!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy: