Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The power of social media

At times, I have a love-hate relationship with social media. Today I'd like to share one small story of the awesomeness of social media.

One of my blogging secrets ways to stay sane, is to schedule posts in advance and then just let my blog do it's thing. This works well for me because it allows me to blog when I'm less busy, but still have somewhat consistent posts. It's especially helpful during busy time at work or when I'm traveling, like I have been recently.

A few weeks ago, I scheduled a post with a student question asking how I knew I wanted to be an occupational therapist. While I was traveling, I scrolled through my Facebook feed and noticed that AOTA posed the same question to it's followers. I remember thinking, "How funny. I think I just posted on this same topic" and I made a mental note to check it out more closely when I got home.

Of course, when I got home, I forgot to do that, but as I was catching up on blogs on my feedly, I came across this awesome blog post from AOTA's Catching the Pulse. Turns out, my blog post inspired AOTA's blog post, which they in turned shared on Facebook. When AOTA posed this question to their Facebook community, they received 37 shares and 64 comments! How awesome is that! I really recommend that prospective students check it out! That Facebook post is a wealth of information and inspiration for students or anyone considering a career in OT. To check it out, visit AOTA's Facebook page and scroll down to June 6, 2014. I've also updated my original post to include all of this information.


PS-This is another scheduled post. I'm currently jetting off to New York for a friend's wedding :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: