Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Features 9.14.12

 

This week I...

- received some demo shoelaces in the mail from Tying is a Snap. I haven't had a chance to try out the laces yet, but so far I like what I see! I'm always recommending that parents use two different colored laces when teaching their kids to tie shoes. These laces look like a great solution without making a mess of your shoelaces by trying to tie two different colors together! Look for a full review and giveaway once I have a chance to try them out!

Friday Features Link:

- There were many poignant stories on the web this week about remembering the victims of the 9/11 attacks. I especially enjoyed Ellen's inspirational post, A plate of cookies to remember 9/11. This touching story features a man with cerebral palsy and lesson for her children.

- I came across a fantastic website/blog called Special-Ism. I'm still wading my way through all of the great information provided on this site dedicated to "invisible" special needs, but I highly recommend you go check it out. I was especially impressed with the article, Showering as a Sensory Tool written by an OT. This article encourages us to rethink the sensory aspects of our children's daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: