In the midst of all of the hurricane news, here are some other things that caught my eye this week.
- World OT Day was on October 27 and to celebrate Online Technology 4 Occupational Therapy held a 24 hour virtual exchange. I have no excuse for not checking it out, since I had power AND I was home from work because school was cancelled, but nonetheless I did not listen to any of the sessions. I am hoping they will be archived here and I will be able to check them out a later date.
- In honor of World OT Day, Linda (over at Linda's Daily Living Skills) hosted an OT Blog Carnival. The theme was the same as the theme of World OT Day: Finding Balance. I haven't had a chance to read through all of the submissions, but I am looking forward to checking them out this weekend and discovering some new OT blogs. I hope you will do the same! Click here to visit the OT Blog Carnival.
- Remember this New York Times Op-Ed? I Had Asperger Syndrome. Briefly. New York Magazine is back on that topic, questioning, is everyone on the autism spectrum? Hmmm...interesting read.
- Baby play tables are one of my must-have pieces of equipment for early intervention therapy. MamaOT has a great post articulating exactly my thoughts on why they are so great. Be sure to check it out here!
- Did you hear about these NICU nurses? Amazing.