(Yay for a bake sale at school this week!)
- You may have noticed a new button on my sidebar this week. I'm a proud AOTA member. Are you?
- Speaking of AOTA, the AOTA store is offering a 15% discount off AOTA published books and CE until December 12. I think I will take advantage of this sale and pick up this CE on CD on transition services.
- "The Autism Advantage" in The New York Times Magazine profiles a company called Speecialisterne, which is located in and places adults with autism in the workplace. They are in the process of opening a company in the United States. There are so many services in place for children with autism, but the resources are severely lacking after age 21. I am so happy to see a company like this succeed in helping individuals with autism. It reminded me of an article I read recently, Over-Educated, Under-Employed: The Plight of the Adult Aspergian.
- Last week I ran a series of gift guides, including great gift guides by other bloggers. Ellen at Love That Max is out with another great one this week. Click here to check out here list of gifts that benefit kids and adults with special needs.
- PediaStaff's blog has been nominated for the 2012 EduBlog Awards in TWO categories! Best Educational Use of a Social Network and Best Educational/Technical Resource Sharing Blog. If you haven't already, be sure to check out PediaStaff's blog and take a moment to vote for them!