Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Features 9.7.12

This week I...

- did a lot of mundane, yet time consuming tasks related to moving, like registering my car, getting a new driver's license, and getting my internet set up (yay for the last one!)

- am learning to adjust to my stove. Before I moved, I had a gas stove. Now I have an electric stove and when I make my morning oatmeal, it just doesn't come out the same. It's all slimy. Yuck! Obviously I have texture issues. In fact, about a year ago, I would gag on oatmeal, but that's an entire post in itself. Long story short, I'm learning to adjust to my new stove and my slimy oatmeal, and it makes me more sensitive to what the kiddos I treat in feeding therapy are experiencing.

Friday Features Links:

- Alisa, who was featured in this week's Parent's Perspective, recommended that I check out the website CP Daily Living. What a great suggestion! CP Daily Living is a website created by the mother of a child with cerebral palsy and is full of useful information and resources about cerebral palsy. Be sure to visit at www.cpdailyliving.com.

- If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know that I love to hear from parents and hear a parent's perspective on what makes therapy successful for their child. This week Hopeful Parents had a great post called 10 tips on having a good home therapy program. This is a must-read for both parents and therapists.

- Tonya, of Therapy Fun Zone, had an idea that is pure genius! She used two iPad styluses to create iPad chopsticks. I will definitely be trying this with apps like Dexteria or Ready to Print that have tasks that require pinching. What a creative way to work on fine motor skills on an iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: