Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TED Talk Tuesday: The birth of a word

Last week I had the opportunity to tour the MIT Media Lab, where I was truly amazed by the creativity,  talent, and big ideas coming out of such a small place.

One researcher whose work caught my eye is Deb Roy and his study of language development. He recorded every moment of his son's language development for his first three years of life. Based on his TED Talk, he seems to be applying his research to media and language, but I would love to see him use all of this rich data to dive into how language develops in babies. I'm not an expert on language, but it seems like he should have a good amount of data to analyze the progression of sound development, which could be incredibly helpful to therapists working with children with speech delays.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying them. I love TED talks and just can't enough!

      Delete

You might also enjoy: