Friday, April 11, 2014
A Few Things
After coming home from the AOTA Conference in Baltimore, I jumped right into my first week at my new job. My brain is on a bit of overload right now as I adjust to new routines and process all of the information and experiences of conference, but I do have a recap post coming up on PediaStaff, so stay tuned! While I continue to get settled back into my real life, here are a few things I've come across that I think are worth sharing.
- As a therapist, you may be an expert, but don't forget that parents know their child best of all!
- What a great use for hair ties!
- Here is a FREE printable created by a mom to help her son learn to get dressed independently! It's kind of like a social story and it is awesome!
- This is exactly how I felt before the AOTA Conference, but I went and I had a great time!
- I've long questioned if w-sitting is really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Thank you, Kendra for expressing my thoughts exactly. (side note: I think I w-sat until I was about 12 years old. So far, I have no long lasting effects, other than I still have weak core muscles)
- To continue with controversial topics, is the Bumbo seat as bad as everyone says? A PT's perspective.
- Thinking of sending your child with special needs to summer camp? Here are some great tips from Ellen Seidman.
- Introverts and Extroverts: Valuing Both. Things to remember when working with children.
Posted by Abby