Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Workplace Wednesday | Beating the back to work blues

 
Upon arriving home from vacation on last week, I developed a little case of back to work blues. Can you blame me? I spent a week in Tahoe, sleeping in, hanging out with friends, resting, relaxing, hiking, and swimming. A few of my favorite occupations.
Don't worry, it didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things. I find it's always helpful to focus on the positives in life, but it's especially helpful when readjusting to a new routine. Here are a few of the positives that helped me get back into the work routine.

...looking at my schedule and realizing my first client on Monday was scheduled for 10:15...grateful for the foresight to make my first day back a light day.

...getting back into my work routine helped inspire me to restart all of my other routines that make life so good...morning runs, followed by a big bowl of oatmeal and a cup of green tea...picking up my CSA box and discovering the week's bounty...blogging...Sunday brunch...

...grateful for a lovely caseworker who didn't mind at all that I took ten(!) days to return her call...in fact when she answered, she said "aren't you on vacation? Don't call me if you're on vacation!"

...arriving a client's house and greeted with, "abbyabbyabby!" Gotta love having a name that is easy to pronounce :)

...tweeting with my OT twin Cheryl.

...one of my clients who was thisclose to walking before I went on vacation is now walking like she's been doing it her whole life. What a difference a week can make!

...loving how a restful vacation leaves me recharged and re-energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: