Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Features


This week I...
~had fun playing this game with some of my students. I'm not sure where the game came from (I think someone I work with found it at the dollar store), but it's been a fun fine motor/visual motor warm up. 

~guest blogged over at Having a Fields Day, in support of Autism Awareness Month. Be sure to stop by and check out my Sensory Strategies for Toddlers with Autism!

Friday Features Links (lots of good stuff this week!):
~I know I've mentioned once or twice how much I love the Handwriting Without Tears handwriting curriculum. If you'd like to know what someone else thinks about it, visit Testy yet trying, for a detailed review by an SLP and mom.

~Allie, at Having a Fields Day, wrote a terrific post about starting the Early Intervention process. This well organized post is a great resource for parents who find themselves beginning the evaluation process for EI services.

~The Atlantic put together a touching photo gallery for Autism Awareness Month. I would love to see more group homes like the one featured at the end of this photo gallery.

~Thanks to Carol Leynse Harpold over at OT's With Apps for sharing a link to 40+ Super Secret iPad Features and Shortcuts. This was very useful to me and taught me some things I didn't know I could do with my iPad (like splitting the keyboard to make typing easier!).
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Abby!

    I just found your blog this week and I'm loving it. I'm a pediatric OT in North Carolina. I do the early intervention program on the Camp Lejeune Military base. You have LOTS of good information here. I love the adaptive crayon. I'm going to have to try that :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! I'm glad you found some useful information on my blog! The crayon is actually pretty easy to make. If you make one, let me know how it works. Early intervention is my favorite. You must have so much fun!
      ~Abby

      Delete

You might also enjoy: