1. This week I came across this iPad stylus on Amazon:
I like how small it looks. Seems perfect for little hands. Has anyone tried this stylus?
2. I read this very informative article: Swallowing and feeding in infants and young children. It's a few years old, but a must read for any therapist who provides feeding therapy or is interested in being a feeding therapist. Big thanks to My Munch Bug for sharing this!
3. Did you know that October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month? If you haven't visited Kelle Hampton's blog, Enjoying the Small Things, then you must! Her photography is beautiful and her writing is heartwarming. She has two articles on Disney's Baby Zone in celebration of Down Syndrome Awareness Month. Life After Down Syndrome and 10 Things I Learned About Down Syndrome will give you a taste of Kelle's writing and photography.
4. I love this program at CSU that partners mentors with college students with disabilities. As more and more students with disabilities enter college there will be a significant need for programs like this. Occupational Therapy programs are greatly equipped to provide these services. I hope more schools will follow suit!
5. If you haven't already entered, you have until next Wednesday to enter the giveaway for a pair of Easy Tie Shoelaces. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post!