ModMath is an app that was developed for students with dysgraphia and dyslexia. ModMath allows the user to type out math problems on the touch screen, decreasing the need to use paper and pencil to complete math problems. As one of the reviewers on iTunes stated, this is a visual organizer, not a calculator.
What ModMath does:
- Provides a virtual piece of graph paper, allowing students to legibly line up numbers and equations
- The size of the graph paper can be customized, as can the color of the worksheet (either dark print on light paper or light on dark)
- Rows and columns can be shaded to assist with alignment
- Allows students to do basic math problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) using a touch screen, rather than writing
- Pages can be printed or emailed directly to a teacher
Here are some screenshots of me doing a division problem:
Show your work without picking up a pencil!
Name of App: ModMath
Publisher: Hirsch/Denberg LLC
Compatible with: iPad; requires iOS 5.1 or later
*Information was correct at the time of publication, but is subject to change, so please confirm prior to downloading. This post contains affiliate links.
Have you used this app? How do you accommodate or modify math assignments for your students with dysgraphia? For ideas on how to modify paper for completing math assignments, check out my post on adapted paper for math.