According to the National Fragile X Foundation,
- 1 in 250 females and 1 in 800 males are fragile X premutation carriers
- Fragile X syndrome is the most common cause of inherited intellectual disability and the most common known genetic cause of autism spectrum disorders.
- Fragile X can cause learning and behavioral challenges ranging from mild to severe.
- Fragile X is diagnosed by a DNA test, called the FMR1 DNA test.
- Fragile X occurs in all ethnic backgrounds.
To learn more about Fragile X before, click here and then go check out the Faces of Fragile X.
Also, please visit the National Fragile X Foundation's Hope and Inspiration page, to read stories of families experiences with Fragile X. These stories will inspire, as well as inform and educate, readers.
You can also follow the National Fragile X Foundation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/natlfragilex