It must be peach season!
Learn all about peaches:
- Georgia is known as the Peach State, but most peaches in the US are grown in California
- Peaches grow on a tree and have a fuzzy outer skin
- Peaches are a good source of fiber and Vitamin C
- Learn more at the United States Department of Agriculture
How to eat peaches:
- Just wash the peach and take a bite!
- Cut the peach into slices or bite size portions
- If the fuzzy skin is too much texture, you can peel the peach before eating
Let’s expand to other foods and textures:
- Use peaches as a topping for yogurt, ice cream or oatmeal
- Make Peach Melba
- Drink a peach smoothie
- Eat peach flavored yogurt
- For dessert, try baked peaches
- Make a peach popsicle
- Make peach muffins
- Chew on some dried peaches
- Crunch on some peach crisps
- Taste canned peaches and compare to the flavor and texture of fresh peaches
Not ready to eat peaches? Here are some other ways to explore peaches:
- Tear up pieces of orange tissue paper and decorate a paper plate to look like a peach
- Make a peach pit pendant
- Touch the outside of a peach. Compare how the skin feels to other fruits.
What are your favorite peach activities and recipes?